A place to share, connect, and be encouraged!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Relationships Are Important

I got off the phone a little while ago with a friend- my cousin really, but my friend also.  It was so good to hear her voice, as it's been awhile since we talked.  We shared "life stories," and encouraged each other to keep pressing in, moving forward, promising to pray for each other.

After I got off the phone, I realized how refreshed I felt.  And I was grateful to know that I wasn't "in it alone" so to speak.  I was also struck by something:  God doesn't want us to "go it alone."  We were built for relationships.  We were meant to interact with each other, encourage each other, refresh each other.   But more than that, I sensed how important it is to be not only in covenant with God, but with each other.  It is important for our- not only survival - but our success in life. 

Covenant relationships give you the ability to be real in a secure environment.  It feeds our need for intimacy.  It offers an opportunity to exchange truth, in order to grow and be challenged; to become a better us.

It is important to choose wisely.  Do not develop an intimate relationship to a member of the opposite gender if you are married to someone else! Do not choose someone who does not know how to walk in love.  Do not choose someone who would not put you above themselves if needed. 

Give each other permission to speak openly, but respectfully.  Protect that relationship. Treat each other with honor.  And most importantly, always put God at the helm of your relationship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment